Mr.PS is keen to protect your personal information and be transparent about what information we hold about you. In order for you to buy online, and to provide you with a personalised shopping experience, we collect certain information from you. This privacy notice provides a brief explanation of what we collect and why. It also explains how we look after your data and keep it safe.
Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services
Information collected when making purchases
When making purchases from the site we collect the following information from you:
We also collect payment information as stated above. Our shopping cart solution is powered by Paypal. Therefore this payment information includes your credit/debit card number and the email address registered with your payal account. This information is collected by Paypal. When you make a payment online, we do not store your card details ourselves. The payment is processed independently with your bank provider, or PayPal.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org Our direct marketing is powered by MailChimp (mailing list service) and you can opt out at any time by simply unsubscribing to our newsletter.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible to email@example.com We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as Royal Mail. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these delivery services.
Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Except as expressly set out in this policy we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Megan Price, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or write to me at Studio 16, First Floor, Hot Bed Press, Cow Lane, Salford. M5 4NB